Career Number: 2265
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
Our Field Supervisors manage foundation construction projects at the field level and oversee the performance of the field staff involved in the execution of the work. Field supervisors must coordinate with several different internal departments, be heavily engaged in the safe work planning of the work, as well as act as the liaison between the company and the client. The Field Supervisor will ensure the safe and efficient success of any projects they are assigned.
- Responsible for the safe work planning for all tasks being executed on a project
- Complete site inspections on a regular basis to ensure a hazard free workplace
- Ensure emergency response plans are adequate
- Ensure workers assigned to your authority are competent to execute the duties they are assigned
- Ensure client satisfaction and crew safety while maintaining company assigned production targets
- Ensure company safety policies and procedure are practiced through mentorship and enforced through disciplinary process if required
- Ensure company policies and procedures are understood as well as reviewed for effectiveness
- Ensure equipment assigned to projects under your authority is kept in good repair
- Forecast manpower and equipment needs up to 2 weeks in advance
- Cultivate relationships with employees, managers and customers
- Report success and areas of required improvement of employees to their manager for the purpose of training assignment or performance evaluations.
- Monitor the quality installations of DFI products and services through effective tracking
- Ensure client and regulatory quality standards are met or exceeded
- Prepare commercial documents including field tickets, assist with change management quantity identification
- 7+ years work experience including, 2+year’s experience in a supervisory role
- Piling experience an asset
- Excellent communication to convey information between internal departments and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma