Pipe Mill Production Line Supervisor
Career Number: 2263
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
As a Pipe Mill Production Line Supervisor with DFI you will be responsible for overseeing the overall production of your group. This hands-on supervisory position will allow the right candidate to expand and develop their own leadership potential while leading a team to maximum efficieny.
- Lead and organize shifts safely and efficiently during production
- Delegating tasks and ensuring completion
- Some conflict resolution between employees
- Operate equipment to produce steel pipe in a wide variety of sizes and wall thicknesses
- Change out and set equipment for different sizes of pipe (time management skills are a must)
- Operate overhead cranes in a safe manner
- Perform quality checks and adhere to quality standards
- Ensure pipe is produced in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspections
- Experience leading small groups, up to 10 employees
- 3-5 years’ experience working in manufacturing or production facility
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Careful reading, attention to detail, observation and concentration
- Self-motivated, hardworking team player with leadership qualities
- Flexible and willing to learn and accept changes in job duties
- Flexible with the work schedule to accommodate production needs
- Able to work in an environment subject to fluctuations in temperature, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
- Class 5 driver’s license