Field HSE Advisor
Career Number: 2260
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
The Field HSE Advisor actively performs duties that support the maintenance and continuous improvement of our HSE management system. This includes key functions associated with performing field observations, conducting inspections and audits, facilitating incident investigations and hazard assessments, developing and revising HSE related programs, and providing professional support for operations in the pursuit of our desired culture. This position reports to the HSE Manager and is based out of our Edmonton office with 60% travel required to branch and site locations.
- Support the development of DFI’s HSE management system focused on continuous improvement and the fundamentals of a plan, do, check and act approach
- Develop and update HSE related procedures, practices and standards
- Understand, interpret and apply DFI’s HSE Management System, OHS/WHS regulations and client requirements
- Support the implementation of initiatives to ensure that newly identified risks, hazards, or behaviors are managed effectively
- Work in partnership with field operations to promote the desired safety culture through coaching, mentoring and technical support
- Actively identify best practices to support DFI’s focus on continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with operations in the implementation and compliance monitoring of required training
- Create and provide HSE related training programs
- Support occupational health initiatives and programs
- Where required, assist in the development and implementation of project specific HSE plans, emergency response procedures, hazards assessments and training.
- Schedule regular visits to branch locations, projects and field crews based on the area of responsibility
- Be available to attend short notice field meetings based on client and/or DFI HSE needs
- Input required data into the HSE software system and support the advancement of the system to meet organizational needs
- Support the tracking and reporting of corrective action completion (i.e. inspections, near miss reports, audits, incidents)
- Support the management of work-related injury/illness claims and coordination of early & safe return to work programs
- Perform regular field observations, inspections and audits to assist in identifying areas for improvement and strengths within the HSE Management System
- Review, verify and update job hazards assessments in consultation with operations
- Audit field paperwork to assist in identifying opportunities for improvement and recognitions
- Work collaboratively with operations to complete thorough investigations focused on root cause analysis and development of effective corrective actions
- Recognized post-secondary OH&S certificate or diploma
- NCSO or CRSP Designation
- COR Auditor Certificate
- 3-5 years in a similar role
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent time management and self-planning
- Strong technical writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of HSE Management systems, WCB, regulatory and industry standards
- Able to manage data and trend information
- Strong communication skills
- Strong audit and investigation skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%