Career Number: 2249
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
We are looking for an ambitious, innovative, and hardworking professional that can complement our exceptional team. Our picker/boom truck operators will utilize 35 and 45 ton truck mounted cranes to facilitate the installation of driven and helical pilings using mostly hydraulic pile installation equipment. Picker operators are required to supervise a small crew and are responsible for the safe and efficient management of jobs they are assigned to.
- Safely drive and operate DFI boom trucks or track cranes
- Maintain a legal Driver's logbook
- Practice proper, legal load securement
- Care for and maintain company equipment to DFI standards
- Provide piledriving service to customers in accordance with DFI procedures
- Adhere to all policy and instructions provided in DFI Operating Manuals and SWPs
- Take part in all safety meetings
- Operate company vehicles and equipment in a professional, safe and courteous manner
- Prepare safety and billing documentation in the field
- Class 1 Drivers license
- Current Apprenticeship registration or Journeyman Boom Truck/Mobile Crane ticket
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Capability to plan and organize tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines with high performance
- Comfortable working out of town
- Safety tickets are an asset
- This is a safety-sensitive position requiring succesful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing and fitness-for-work testing