Boom Truck Operator
Career Number: 2110
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
Our Crane Operators are responsible for the installation of piling foundations using in-house designed and manufactured piling equipment.
- Operate up to 45 ton boom trucks or 50 ton track cranes to perform pile instillations
- Train and mentor Riggers to foster employee skill development
- Abide by federal hours of service and load securement
- Maintain a legal driver's logbook
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, such as; daily inspections, greasing, and refueling
- Operate other company vehicles and equipment as required
- Take part in safety meetings
- Clean class 1 driver’s license
- Registered Apprentice/Journeyman Boom Truck or Mobile Crane Operator
- Field safety tickets including; First Aid, H2S, CSTS, Fall Protection, and Ground Disturbance
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize tasks
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate production needs, with availability to work out of town