Career Number: 1930
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We understand that there is more to a great job than the work you do. As such, we are proud to provide our team with a variety of benefits to ensure they and their families are kept safe and comfortable throughout their career.
We are looking for a Drafter to work with our team of Engineers and convert designs into technical plans. Our drafts person will help us build functional, secure and well-designed products and structures that meet our needs.
- Liaise with engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials and equipment
- Set-up and describe production methods step-by-step
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Support field and shop quality personnel and activities
- Technical support for the estimating group
- Proven work experience as a Drafter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Good math skills
- Ability to meet deadlines