Location: Fort St. John
Career Number: 1837
DFI has over 25 years of experience providing quality piling services and products to industrial clients throughout North America.
At DFI, we believe anything is possible and we’re relentless in our pursuit of excellence. To direct our focus, our team strives for achievement, expertise, and pride when it comes to our service.
We offer competitive wages, RRSP matching, GWL benefits, industry and apprenticeship training, professional development, referral incentives, and the opportunity for growth and advancement!
Our Branch Managers are responsible for overseeing all operations within their respected locations. They are fundamental in the mentoring and development of employees, as well as exerting the DFI culture in their areas.
- Determine suitable markets & develop a business plan
- Explore growth opportunities pursuing new markets & customers
- Understand cost control & budget practices
- Provide continuous operational evaluation
- Coordinate activities with the Field Supervisors to ensure effective utilization of personnel and equipment
- Create an open, honest environment that provides information and elicits input, so that all can successfully perform their work
- Assist in bidding new jobs as required, ensure the bid team has all relevant information relating to scope and constructability to produce a good bid
- Provide direct and indirect supervision for your team
- Responsible for all aspects of Branch Management including safety, staffing, daily operations, and equipment maintenance and operation in compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Responsible for all aspects for customer service including the costing, bidding, scheduling and contracting process, change management and conflict resolution
- Hire and employ competent and safe working employees who exhibit a positive attitude and team build
- Support hiring, onboarding and training practices to develop well trained, technically skilled workers who can work productively and grow within the company
- Mentor and evaluate personnel
- Ensure all required safety training for field personnel is completed
- Execute job plans in an efficient and organized manner - ensure that the work progresses according to schedule, that material and equipment are procured and delivered to the site on time, and that the activities of the workers are coordinated
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved by delivery of safe, quality and productive construction services
- Maintain and operate all company equipment and facilities in accordance with approved company operating standards and practices
- Ensure safety is not compromised for schedule or production and ensure the safety policies are followed including Standard Operating Procedures, HSE Program requirements, and work and equipment maintenance rules. Ensure incidents and violations are properly documented, reported and investigated
- Proven success in a supervisory or management role in a related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Thorough understanding of federal hours of service, and transport regulations for Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven capability to plan and organize tasks
- Proven problem solving skills
- Previous experience operating piling equipment and/or commercial vehicles; an asset