Pipe Mill Operator
Career Number: 1626
DFI can offer you challenging, engaging work. You will see your ideas and your input contribute to a job well done—something you will come to expect while working with a highly skilled team.
You will be relied upon for your work ethic and problem solving skills. Be a part of a culture of continuous improvement and enjoy the responsibility of working independently.
You will have opportunities to learn and grow. DFI offers continuous, full-time work—contingent on your hunger for knowledge and skill.
You want to be challenged. You want to be relied on. You want to learn. We have the job for you.
DFI is proud to have designed and manufactured the only independently owned and operated ERW Pipe Mill in Western Canada. We are currently seeking ambitious, innovative, and hardworking individuals to join our team.
- Manufacture steel pipe for foundation piling
- Operate equipment to produce steel pipe of all sizes
- Change out and set equipment for different sizes of product
- Operate overhead cranes
- Perform quality checks and adhere to quality standards
- Ensure pipe is produced in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Operate hand tools
- 3-5 years’ experience working in manufacturing or production facility
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Careful reading, attention to detail, observation and concentration
- Self-motivated, hardworking team player with leadership qualities
- Flexible and willing to learn and accept changes in job duties
- Flexible with the work schedule to accommodate production needs
- Able to work in an environment subject to fluctuations in temperature, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
- Class 5 driver’s license