Billings Administrator/Junior Accountant
Career Number: 1387
DFI can offer you challenging, engaging work. You will see your ideas and your input contribute to a job well done—something you will come to expect while working with a highly skilled team.
You will be relied upon for your work ethic and problem solving skills. Be a part of a culture of continuous improvement and enjoy the responsibility of working independently.
You will have opportunities to learn and grow. DFI offers continuous, full-time work—contingent on your hunger for knowledge and skill.
You want to be challenged. You want to be relied on. You want to learn. We have the job for you.
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter with excellent communication abilities and demonstrated experience working under tight timelines in a team environment.
- Complying with month end and ad hoc customer deadlines when required
- Receiving, organizing and processing job packages to ensure completeness and liaise with operational team to quickly identify and obtain missing information
- Preparing invoices ranging from smaller hourly jobs to larger and more complex bid jobs
- Amending invoices as required
- Ensuring proper and timely distribution of invoices (e.g. uploading invoice packages to customer portals such as Cortex and ADP)
- Working closely with the Collections Manager to resolve customer billing issues as they arise
- Creating job profiles in company specific accounting system
- Scanning job packages into company specific document management system
- Complete month end reconciliations for various general ledger accounts related to invoicing
- Various junior level accounting tasks
- All other duties as needed
- Minimum of one year experience working within an administrative capacity
- Full cycle billing experience within the oil and gas industry; an asset
- Experience with Explorer software or other construction specific accounting software; an asset
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Self-motivated to meet key deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail