Career Number: 1382
DFI, one of the most diversely engaged companies in the industry, utilizes a wide spectrum of trades and skills. At DFI we provide ample opportunity and a unique work experience few other companies can match.
We are currently seeking ambitious, innovative, and hardworking individuals to join our team. DFI offers excellent wages, comprehensive benefit and pension plans, as well as many opportunities for education and career advancement.
Mud. Rain. Snow. Extreme Cold. Extreme Heat. This position can be a difficult one, with long hours and out of town work, but with that comes the opportunity for limitless career advancement while learning exceptional new skills and training new employees. If you are looking for challenging work that will lead into a successful career, then we are looking for you.
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging
- Operate Hydrovac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Supervise activities of Hydrovac Swampers in order to ensure employee skill development
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydrovac operation
- Complete all required paperwork properly and within set time lines
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections, as well as routine maintenance
- Minimum class 3 license with clean driver’s abstract
- Experience operating a manual transmission, with direct experience on 18 speed vehicles
- CSTS (Construction Safety Training), Fall Protection, First Aid, Ground Disturbance, H2S, Confined Space, TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) and other safety certifications are an asset
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate production needs
- Ability to work out of town
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned